Epson Runsense SF-810 - post review
After almost year of use, here is post review of Epson Runsense SF-810 GPS watch.
Overall I'm quite happy about watch:
- very long battery life - usually I charge every 2 weeks only with GPS on
- there are no scratches on screen even after really heavy use in wilds - proofed on the O-Ringen 2015
But there are also room to improve (or better to say - to fix it):
- Please add time adjustment not only by gps. At the moment you need to go outside, catch gps signal to update time...
- After firmware update do not drop actual date and time settings. Otherwise, you need to go outside to adjust time by gps...
- Please add alarm. It's a watch for god's sake!
- Increase interval list entries number 3. Currently there is not enough 3 entries to enter just 1 week of trainings... And I would prefer to have entered whole month in one go.
- Better support for Mac users. I know, you added Run Connect for Mac (actually I could live without it, because it's easy to update data on iPhone or iPad). But what about watch firmware update for Mac users? I did 11 steps instructions for the Mac users here - http://ms.guruapps.co.uk/work/blog/road-to-o-ringen/epson-runsense-sf-810-review-and-first-aid-for-mac-users/ , which is ok for me but not ok for my friends, who doesn't work in IT jungles.
It feels somehow strange - big potential but with lack of some logic features (alarm, time adjustment, very limited number of intervals). Not sure yet, why I didn't returned watch after 2 weeks... Maybe I believe that Epson will improve things (actually whole list above is related to watch software improvements - I imagine there are no technical reason to limit intervals to 3 entries... because there are plenty of room to safe data as it saves a lot of data and parameters with each training).
I would give 7 out of 10. If I would buy this watch again? No.